Dear EUSPR Members,
Nominations are now open for the elections to the 2022 – 2025 EUSPR Board positions of:
- President Elect
- 6 additional Board members
The EUSPR Board plays a central role in the work of the Society and its strategic development. Membership of the Board provides an exciting opportunity to be part of this work, and to develop new skills and experience.
The Society actively encourages nominations from across its membership, and is committed to promoting principles of equality and diversity. After 10 years of presidencies held by male EUSPR members, we strongly insist in encouraging female candidates for president-elect to come forward.
Please note the deadline for nominations is 29/04/22.
The election results will be announced at the 2022 Members Meeting. Selection will be via electronic voting which will take place between 08/07/22 and 07/08/22.
Please, find here the nomination form: Nominations form
Informal inquiries about the work of the Board and the roles and responsibilities of Board members can be directed to the President,
Peer van der Kreeft, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
The term of office of the new board will begin immediately after the Members Meeting in September 2022 (30/09/22).
The procedure is as follows:
- Call for nominations (08/04/2022 – 29/04/22)
- Eligible nominees are invited to stand for election. Nominees are required to provide a short statement outlining how they have contributed to prevention science in Europe and how they will assist the Board to fulfil the EUSPR Mission Statement and advance the Society. (Invitations for statements issued 02/05/22, deadline for statements
- For some Board positions, the current Board may endorse particular candidates. This will be done to promote continuity of activity and responsibility across the work of the Society, such as the conference lead or representation at the Xchange review board. The editor-in-chief of the EUSPR journal has a permanent advisory role in the Board. Regardless of any endorsement, members will be free to vote for their preferred candidates.
- Candidate statements are published on the EUSPR website and online voting will be opened to EUSPR members.
- Voting will take place electronically between 08/07/22 and 07/08/22 in accordance with the EUSPR Statute
- The results will be announced during the 2022 EUSPR Conference and Members Meeting, September 2022 (30/09/19).
Nominees must be EUSPR members at the point at which they become a candidate. You may join the Society or renew your membership; details are available on the EUSPR website: http://euspr.org/membership/
Sent on behalf of Peer van der Kreeft,
President, European Society for Prevention Research (EUSPR)